I think all these new recipe creations have messed with my mind looking at my most recent food titles, but who said food had to be boring!?
My last post was my sweet recipe using the new gluten free crumpets by Newburn Bakehouse by Warburtons Free From range, and this time it’s all about the savoury. This is definitely more of a brunch dish for me, and perfect for a Sunday…hence the title! You know I love a Sunday brunch, so what better way to incorporate these crumpets for the #crumpetchallenge!
There’s something about smoked salmon which just sets a brunch off, and so I knew I had to incorporate this into my recipe. A simple smoked salmon pâté made with dill and lemon, served on top of a fluffy gluten free crumpet with a side of wilted spinach…WINNING!
The recipe below will make a good large bowlful of smoked salmon pate, so you can spread this on top of toast, crackers or whatever other gluten free delights you have in your cupboards! Either way, this recipe is a perfect brunch or lunch, or even a lighter dinner. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
You can find out more about the Newburn Bakehouse range if you visit http://www.newburnbakehouse.com/full-of-soul
Sassy Salmon Sundays
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Servings: 1 plus extra pâté leftover
- 150g smoked salmon
- 200g tub of gluten free cream cheese or dairy free alternative
- 1 lemon
- A small bunch of dill, chopped
- 1 Newburn Bakehouse gluten free crumpet
- 200g spinach
- Place into a blender the cream cheese, juice of half the lemon, and a good sprinkling of black pepper. Whiz together until combined
- Chop up the smoked salmon and then add this into the blender, pulsing only a few times until it reaches a consistency you like – I don’t like mine too smooth as I like to see the pink salmon pieces running through it
- Lastly, stir in the dill and place into a bowl and set aside
- In a pan over a medium heat, add the spinach with another squeeze of lemon and season with some black pepper and a little salt. Keep stirring and after a short time the spinach will start to wilt
- Meanwhile, place your Newburn Bakehouse crumpets into the toaster until they’re toasted to perfection
- Place your crumpet onto the plate, spreading generously with the smoked salmon
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Newburn Bakehouse by Warburtons