I love the look of a big bowl of green soup. I don’t know what it is, but you just know it’s packed full of goodness and is super healthy. As always though, it still needs to taste good too!
The watercress in this soup gives it a nice peppery kick, but if you’re wanting it creamier, add in a dollop of crème fraiche or fat free greek yoghurt.
Broccoli and Watercress Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 – 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into medium pieces
- 3 – 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 bags of watercress
- 1 onion, diced (leave out if following FODMAP diet)
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1/2 – 1 pint water, depending on consistency desired
- Olive oil if using onion
- Salt and pepper
- Optional crème fraiche or fat free greek yoghurt to serve
- In a big pan, if using the onion, fry in a little olive oil until softened
- Add into the pan the potato and stir for a few minutes
- Pour in the stock and put a lid on the pan. Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add in the broccoli and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Add in the bags of watercress, which will wilt in a few minutes
- Take off the heat and put in a blender, or use a stick blender to blitz the soup until smooth. It is at this point you can add more water to gain the consistency desired
- Add salt and pepper and season to taste
- Serve and add a dollop of crème fraiche or greek yoghurt if desired!