I’m a massive fan of quick and easy dinners at the moment. I think it’s the fact that the nights are drawing in, which makes me feel the evening’s are disappearing quicker than normal! I just want something I can chuck in the oven and 20 – 30 minutes later, it’s all done and ready to be scoffed! Saying that, I still want it to be tasty and healthy.
Salmon seems to be a weekly staple for me throughout summer and winter as it’s such a versatile fish. Full of protein, healthy fats, and of course, gluten free! I love this one-pot meal, and again, you can add pretty much any vegetables you have lying around to this dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- 2 salmon fillets
- A handful of new potatoes, cut in half and skin kept on
- 1 bag of cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 10 – 15 asparagus spears
- Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Additional vegetables to serve
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees
- Cut the vegetables as directed above. Add into the tray the potatoes and a drizzle of the oil with some salt and pepper. Place into the oven and cook for about 10 minutes
- Mix the potatoes around in the pan and add in the peppers with a little more of the oil. Place the salmon in the tray resting on the veg, skin side up. Put back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Take the tray out the oven again and add the cherry tomatoes, asparagus and the balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 10 minutes until your salmon has cooked through
- Cook your additional vegetables during this time. I normally serve some greens, such as broccoli or kale
- Take the tray out the oven, sprinkle over the fresh basil and serve!