I will try to put the Christmas cheer into ALL my food I make this time of year! I made a similar cookie to these around Christmas time last year, but I couldn’t for the life of me find the recipe I used! The recipe below is a result of reading lots of other recipes and putting my favourite bits together… and luckily it worked!
These aren’t as full on with the Christmas spice as my mince pies also on this blog, so if someone’s not really a fan of the classic mince pie flavour try and give these a go and see if it changes their mind!
Oat and Mincemeat Chtistmas Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 – 18 minutes Servings: 10
- 100g unsalted butter, soft
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 50g plain gluten free flour (I use Dove’s Farm)
- 100g oats (gluten free if needed)
- 3 tablespoons of Christmas spiced fruit mincemeat
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees and spray or oil two baking trays
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and flour until light and fully combined
- Fold in the oats and mincemeat
- Bring the dough together with your hands and divide into 10 balls
- Roll each ball and place onto a baking tray, spaced out (which is why I recommend using two baking sheets)
- Press down each cookie ball a little so it is slightly flat
- Mix the Demerara sugar with the mixed spice, then sprinkle on top of each cookie
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, usually about 16 minutes in my oven, but be careful not to burn!
- Enjoy…perfect with a glass of mulled wine!