I lived off these in the summer, as believe it or not, I didn’t fancy porridge for once!
I’ve already posted a recipe for chia pudding, but I really like this mix of both oats and chia seeds instead for a more filling breakfast. You can just do the below purely with oats, but I like the added oomph of the chia seeds, as I find the extra protein keeps me fuller a lot longer.
Again, below is just the simple recipe, but there are so many variations you can make you’ll find you’ll never eat the same one twice!
- 1 tablespoon oats. Use gluten free if you are intolerant to oat gluten
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk of your choice. I tend to keep mine dairy free by using either coconut milk or almond milk
- Flavourings. I love to use fresh or frozen berries, shredded coconut, cacao, vanilla paste, bananas, almond extract, nut butters…
- Add in to a jar the oats, chia seeds and milk of choice. Stir through
- Add your flavourings if using, and stir through again
- Place in the fridge. If you can, after 20 minutes, stir the jar around and you will be able to see the chai seeds and oats thickening up
- Leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with fruits or nuts of your choice, and grab and go!
- This is a perfect breakfast, but is also a great dessert or snack
My favourite combination which tastes like a Bakewell Tart, is the overnight oats mixed with almond milk and almond extract, and a few fresh strawberries chopped up. I then add more fruit in the morning…it is AMAZING!