Ever just need a quick sweet fix? I do…especially in the evenings after dinner! Just like the Nicecream recipe, the possibilities with frozen bananas are endless! These like mouthfuls are so easy, take about 5 minutes to assemble, and then once frozen can be kept in the freezer ready for you to grab one whenever you need that fix.
These little bites are like nuggets of creamy icecream with the tastes of a Snickers bar, but using just 3 good for you ingredients and no guilt! Absolute winner by my books!
Frozen Banana Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 Servings: 10 – 20 bites, dependant on bananas used!
- 2 – 4 ripe bananas, sliced into coins
- Almond butter – other nut butter variations will do (I like to use Meridian Foods nut butters)
- 70% – 85% dark chocolate
- Slice the bananas, spread a generous blob of nut butter and top with another banana coin, placing on a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Melt the dark chocolate either in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave, remove the bananas from the freezer and dip half of the coins into the chocolate, placing back onto the baking tray
- Put the tray back into the freezer and let it set for 1 – 2 hours. You can then put these into a sealed box and these will keep for a month, if you can resit them that long!