I can’t take any credit for this recipe, other than the additional love that I put into it! This is a Jamie Oliver recipe, but was cooked one morning when I was heavily hungover with one of my best friends, Rosie. It is the perfect pick-me-up breakfast, brunch or lunch, and completely saved us that particular morning!
The avocado sauce and coleslaw in this is UNREAL. We honestly couldn’t get over how tasty this was, and so I just had to include it on my blog!
Mexican Filled Omelette
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 2-4
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 limes
- fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (leave out if following FODMAP diet)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 white, green or red cabbage
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 6-8 large free-range eggs
- 60g cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze the avocado flesh into a blender, along with the juice from 2 of the limes, coriander stalks, yoghurt and a splash of oil. Whiz until smooth, then season to taste
- Peel the onion and carrot. Using a grater or a food processor, grate the onion and carrot, then finely slice the cabbage. Very finely slice the chilli by hand, then tip everything into a bowl. Add most of the coriander leaves, then pour over the avocado dressing and toss together well. Season again if needed
- Whisk all of the eggs together in a bowl, with a splash of water to loosen, and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium – low heat. Once fairly hot, put in a tiny drizzle of the oil, followed by enough egg mixture to coat the pan thinly once swirled around.
- Sprinkle over some of the grated cheese and let it melt, whilst gently cooking the omelette without letting it colour too much
- Once soft and silky and cooked, which should take a few minutes, slide it onto a plate and spoon over some of the avocado slaw
- Gently fold up the sides and roll over. Serve with a wedge of lime and extra coriander leaves
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, serving them up as you go. Enjoy!