This recipe actually comes from The Body Coach’s first cookbook, but it’s become such a staple at home I just had to share. As it uses turkey mince instead of beef it’s super lean and low fat, but also means it cooks in super quick speedy time. Again, ideal after a long day at work!
This recipes so good in fact, I’ve actually left it alone and not modified it all! THAT NEVER HAPPENS! Haha.
Turkey Meatballs and Feta
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2- 4 depending on hunger!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced (or use green part of spring onion if following FODMAP)
- 2 red or yellow peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, diced
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 2 x tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 40g feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- In a large pan, heat up the coconut oil and add in the onions, pepper and courgette, and fry for a few minutes until they start to soften
- Using your hands, mix together in a bowl the turkey mince with some salt and pepper, dried oregano and basil and the dried chilli flakes
- Increase the heat and add into the pan the meatballs, gently turning so they cook evenly and start to brown
- Pour into the pan the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil, then reduce down to a simmer. Cook for around 5-10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through (they’ll turn white in the middle) and the sauce has reduced and thickened
- Remove from the pan and crumble over the feta and sprinkle on the parsely
- Serve with some vegetables or a salad, and ENJOY! You could also add some pasta if you wanted to, or keep it low-carb and eat without!