Normally my day starts with a big bowl of porridge, but sometimes you want something that feels a bit lighter but still packs a punch. Chia seeds are full of protein and healthy fats, and this chia pudding is super quick and super easy to make. I have this for breakfast, but it would also be great as a snack or dessert.
Coconut Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: Leave overnight in the fridge Servings: 1
- 2-3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
- handful of berries or banana to top before eating
- Add the chia seeds into an empty jar and add in the coconut milk, vanilla essence and desiccated coconut
- Mix and close jar, and leave in the fridge
- After about 20 – 30 minutes, stir the pudding to loosen up the chia seeds as they start to absorb the milk and change texture
- Once left overnight (or at least a few hours) give it one last stir and top with your chosen fruit!