I do stem away from oats occasionally! This recipe was discovered when I had an abundance of overripe bananas, and as much as I love making banana bread, I wanted to try something else out.
This is a perfect breakfast as it doesn’t leave you feeling too heavy as it’s grain-less, but the eggs still keep you going up until lunch. As there’s no grains, it’s coeliac friendly, gluten free, and paleo. I add oat flour into my other pancake recipes, but this one is a great all-rounder.
Grain Free Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes Servings: 2
- 1 1/2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional fresh fruit, banana, maple syrup, honey or fruit compote to serve
- Add the mashed banana into a bowl with the whisked eggs and combine
- Add into the same bowl the vanilla extract, baking powder and cinnamon and stir again
- Heat up a frying pan on a medium-low heat. You can either spray oil or add a little butter until it starts to bubble (Make sure the pan has fully heated before you add the mix, as otherwise it won’t cook through enough for you to be able to flip properly)
- Add 2 tablespoons of the pancake mix to the pan. I can usually get 2 – 3 pancakes on at once
- Leave to cook on one side for about 2 minutes, then use a spatula to carefully flip over. Don’t flip until you see bubbles starting to form at the top, as then it’ll have cooked enough on the bottom to be able to keep its shape
- Finish off on the other side for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then remove to a hot plate whilst you continue to cook
- Top the pancakes with your chosen toppings and enjoy!